Here's a photo if you don't believe me...
If you haven't booked a holiday for this year or are super organised and planning your trips for next year I'm going to give you a few reasons as to why you should visit the very special Lake Garda. (Anywhere in Italy is pretty beaut though)
1. The view - bellissimo! That is all I need to say.
2. The weather. It's pretty unexpected but you're guaranteed heat. Due the mountains it can get quite stormy but they're pretty spectacular as long as you're under cover or have an umbrella. Just to warn you it's humid.
3. Explore. Make sure you explore the area. As nice as it is to soak up the vitamin D it's not that sort of holiday so pack some comfy shoes.
4. Speaking of shoes... Italian's do shoes well. Very well.
5. Make use of the lake. Yes, it will be cold. Oh so cold. However, there's an array of water sports options from paddle boarding to windsurfing to renting a boat (you don't even need to get in the water for that one!)
6. Last but certainly not least. THE FOOD. I was in foodie heaven and have probably gained a stone just from pasta alone.
Some advice:Make sure whoever you travel with is pretty special, you don't want them to ruin your trip. However I wouldn't feel uncomfortable being in Italy on my own.